A brief specific description of the positions open at St. Thomas More School follows. At the end, you will find the Essential Duties, Other Duties, Job Requirements, Job Qualifications and Application Information applicable to the open positions.
Fourth Grade Elementary Education Teacher
St. Thomas More School (Munster, Indiana) is seeking a Fourth Grade Elementary Education Teacher, with a concentration in Math. Applicant must be a highly motivated, hard-working, and collaborative team player for this position. The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a strong elementary educational experience preferred. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, flexible and can think on the spot to problem solve. He or she should have a positive and patient attitude that empowers students. This position is full time (hours 7:30 - 3:30) with benefits.
Art Teacher Kindergarten to 8th Grade – Part Time
St. Thomas More School (Munster, Indiana) is seeking an Art Teacher. Applicant must be a highly motivated, hard-working, and collaborative team player for this position. The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a strong elementary/middle school educational experience preferred. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, flexible and can think on the spot to problem solve. He or she should have a positive and patient attitude that empowers students. This position is part time.
Essential Duties, Other Duties, Job Requirements, Job Qualifications and Application Information applicable to the above open positions.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Integrate technology in all aspects of the classroom.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Grade papers, maintain grade books (Renweb), prepare and distribute required reports and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Meet/communicate with parents on an ongoing basis through, but not limited to, conferences, email, and phone calls.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students and parents through Renweb.
- Utilize various curriculum resources that integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans, making sure to reflect the diverse educational, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Work with Administration to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including student clubs and after-school activities.
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Tutor students on an individual basis as needed.
Promotes Catholic Identity and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed. Must be Virtus trained.
Hold a current valid Indiana Teacher's License. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be able to observe all their students and maintain discipline within the class. In addition to students, they interact with parents, other teachers and school administrators.
Please send letter of interest, resume, copy of teacher's license and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Office Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
St. Thomas More School (Munster, Indiana) is seeking a School Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. Applicant must be a highly motivated, hard-working, and collaborative team player. The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic with an administrative assistant background. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, flexible and can think on the spot to problem solve. He or she should have a positive and patient attitude with administration, staff, students and parents. This position is part time (hours 10:00 - 3:30) with benefits.
- Provides reception services for the school office by welcoming and directing visitors, answering the telephone and directing calls appropriately. Facilitates clear communication to visitors and callers.
- Receives and signs for mail or vendor deliveries. Sorts and processes mail.
- Oversees and records all student information into RenWeb, the Student Information System.
- Organizes and updates student records.
- Schedules substitute teachers.
- Assists in scheduling field trips.
- Coordinates regular building safety drills.
- Operates office machines.
- Prepares, transcribes and edits a wide range of written and printed materials including correspondence, lists, reports and posters, RenWeb, website and social networks. Responsible for creating the Barrister.
- Other duties as the needs arise.
Demonstrated Competencies Required
- Committed to the mission and values of St. Thomas More School.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Friendly with excellent people skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Must have effective telephone techniques.
- Professional temperament and appearance.
- Ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness and poise.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills needed.
- Practicing Catholic.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Publisher, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint)
- Experience using a database or accounting software. RenWeb experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- High School degree.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a receptionist or administrative assistant role.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.